I have many talents and skills but my love of DIY is what drives me to write this blog…
If I asked you to describe what your dream home would look like I am positive you could tell me, with detail, what it would consist of.
You probably have the color palette and style locked away in the back of your head waiting for that day when you win lotto and can afford to buy the style you are after.
Am I right?
Whether it’s just adding a splash of colour to your walls, or you desperately need to revamp your table and chairs – you’re in the right place.
Since you’re here right now, I would say that you’re ready to explore the endless possibilities that DIY can give you and start learning a few tricks along the way.
But maybe you…
- Have no idea how to get started or your creative ideas are just not flowing!
- Have no DIY skills!
- Are too scared incase you fail or stuff up and don’t want to look like a fool in front of your friends and family!
No matter where you are in your DIY journey you have decided to give it a go anyway.
You want to use your creative juices towards something that is going to improve the look and comfort of your home.
You’re READY take your inquisitive nature to that next level and maybe even create you’re first project.
But you just don’t know how to make that a reality. You feel stuck.
Trust me when I say, I’ve totally been there.
Now, when it comes to DIY, I have a few core beliefs…
- I believe deep down everyone is capable of learning the skills required to turn any project into a success. I know this because I can show you how.
- I believe you already have, in the back of your mind, a BIG FAT IDEA of what you want to refurbish or create. I’m here to help you bring that vision to life.
- I believe you deserve the sense of achievement that comes when you can sit back admire and appreciate the effort you put in to fabulous pieces around your home. And I’m determined to give you the skills and knowledge required to create those feelings.
- If I’m being completely honest I am also the kind of person that believes a good chat and a wine with your girlfriend can solve the world’s problems. #IReallyDo
What I’m really trying to say is that DIY is empowering and gives you an amazing BUZZ and I am here to help you in any way that I can. I want you to have that buzz.
Hi! My name is Donna Millane and DIY is my passion and love. I want to share my knowledge and skills with you so you can create whatever it is that your heart desires.
How did DIY become part of my life?
Well, I am a makeup artist by trade so using my hands to create something truly beautiful has always been a part of my life. I took my skills and love of design and transferred them to different projects around my home.
I had young children at the time and found myself at home more than I had ever imagined. I was a creative soul at heart and still had the burning desire to make things. With money being tight ( I was a stay at home Mum to two boys) I decided to put my skills as a makeup artist to the test and started revamping furniture instead of faces.
In no time at all I was hooked and DIY became my thing. I discovered I had a talent and truly loved doing it so I started blogging, not only to share what I do but hopefully encourage more people to refurbish instead of throwing out.
I also love the feeling of accomplishment that DIY gives me. Nothing compares to the pride you feel when someone asks where you bought one of your DIY projects from, I even get a kick out of saying it was from a well know home decor shop instead of mentioning it was one of my own DIY designs but that is just between you and me.
Before I go, I want to invite you to follow my social media channels. By following me you will receive updates on my latest blog posts, tutorials, tips and tricks not to mention inspiration to get you motivated.
If you ever need a hand or have any questions, feel free to leave them below or comment after a blog and I will be more than happy to help you out.
All the best,